Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Tis the season.. Cough, cough

Dec 07, 2016 8:17 AM

This is the time of year to be sick... Or at least for me. Cough, headache, congested.. Ugh. Starts with a cold, then asthma and ends with pneumonia. I don't have time for this!

Bah Humbug!

Dec 07, 2016 8:44 AM

I'm sorry you're sick Mimikay. What a bummer. Take care of yourself and prayerfully it will bring short lasting.

Dec 07, 2016 8:49 AM

That just sucks. I hope that it doesn't get worse.

Dec 07, 2016 8:54 AM

Hmm.. Don't know why that posted twice.. :/

Dec 07, 2016 10:12 AM

Oh no, that's not good at all. I don't know what to suggest other than up your vitamin and mineral intake whether that by eating an extra rainbow of fruit and veg or having good quality vitamin and mineral tablets.
Sometimes I've found that hot water with a couple of wedges of fresh lemon with a tsp of honey and cinnamon, cloves and if you like it tumeric to taste helps keep mine from getting worse.....I have a few cups throughout the day. It might help so it might be worth a try?
Sending you warm healing hugz and you're in my prayers xx

Dec 07, 2016 12:24 PM

I work in an office environment where everybody passes germs around so I know how you feel everybody is coughing hacking and we're all trying to avoid each other like the plague I hope you feel better soon

Dec 07, 2016 12:35 PM

Oh mimikay I know exactly how you feel,my daughter had strep throat and now it seems like she gave it to me, so now I'm trying to get into see my doctor, because all I can do is cough but nothing comes up and it feels like everything is sitting on my chest and throat is sore. Praying that you are feeling better today, love, hug's and Sunshine your way!πŸ˜˜πŸ’–πŸ™πŸŒΉπŸŒž

Dec 07, 2016 4:07 PM

Sjogrenspain77

My son went to get me some mucinex DM and some cough drops.

Had to laugh though. He tried to text me saying Halls? But the auto correct bandit got him. The message I received was balls?

Told him no thank you. Lol.

Dec 07, 2016 4:13 PM

I hope you feel better spoon Mimikay! Our daughter had a 48 hr stomach bug over the weekend and I'm still wary of being around her due to my immune issues. Get a lemon, honey & touch of whiskey, all heated, for your cough. Hugs love and prayers it's short lived! πŸ™‚πŸ’•πŸ™πŸŒΈ

Dec 07, 2016 4:55 PM

This too shall pass. I just have been volunteered to organize three different things for Christmas. All three have to be ready by the 17th.

I need a clone.

Dec 07, 2016 6:44 PM

Oh Mimikay, you do like to organise things! Just take it easy, things will come together in their own time. Take time to rest as well.....and try to learn to say 'NO'!!! Ha who am I kidding when I say no everyone still takes it as a yes I'll do it😨😨😨😨
Just make sure you don't run yourself into the ground and delagate tasks to other people where you can xxx

Dec 09, 2016 10:24 AM

Tis the season from Jan 1 to Dec 31, for me.

I have to be on bensonate for chronic cough.

Dec 09, 2016 9:04 PM

GeorgeAnna - that's what he put me on as well. Not helping much though.

Dec 10, 2016 8:25 AM

Mimikay, that happens to me many winters. I have to be careful because if I let it go too long, I get pneumonia very easily. I've had it 4 times (twice one winter where I almost needed hospitalization). Take care of yourself. Rest, keep warm, hydrate and get well. {{{Hugs}}}πŸ’•πŸ˜Š

Dec 10, 2016 4:20 PM

I can't remember a winter it hasn't happened. Even with the pneumonia shot.

If I am not better by Monday I will see my Dr again.

Dec 10, 2016 4:57 PM

Oh Mimikay, I hope your resting up, keeping warm and we'll hydrated?
I know you've had a lot of organising to do but you must take it easy and maybe ask someone else to take on one or two of the things you're organising to take away some of the pressure on you. I know it's hard to let someone else take over but sometimes it's necessary....I get a bit OCD when I organise stuff so giving it to someone else is really hard for me but for my own health sometimes I just can't do it but by the time I normally hand it to someone else I've already gone too far!!!
Please go back if you're still not well on Monday, you don't want to get worse.

This year is the first year that I've been offered the flu jab due to my neuralgia, anxiety and depression and Jo was offered it because of her type 1 diabetes and (touching wood) our colds haven't progressed past that yet where normally we're both really bad with colds and/or the flu. Unfortunately tho AJ has a bad cold atm, completely blocked up, sneezing and coughing etc.... so much so he's actually asked for paracetamol to get rid of the sinus headache and temp. He doesn't ask for meds unless he's feeling really rough so I know he's feeling it this year, I'm just glad at 14 his still to young for man flu!!!!
Sorry I digressed again!!!

I hope you feel better soon xx

Dec 10, 2016 5:25 PM

I had the flu shot last month. My immune system is just shot. I do have someone helping me with the two main projects. The other one I am just inviting everyone to a going away party for our youth minister. Everyone can bring finger foods and games to play. Fairly easy.. And this way all the adults and kids can participate. Going to leave it to the men to decide on a going away gift and going to ask one of the ladies to order a going away cake.

The Christmas baskets for the widows/widowers and the shut ins I inherited from my mom. I have the baskets here. Have had people to sign up for what they can bring.. So I need to type up reminders to each volunteer so they know what .. When... And where. :)

My son is here so he can help me type up.address labels.

Dec 10, 2016 8:27 PM

That's good you have help and you're not doing it all on your own.
I worry because like I said I get a bit OCD if I'm organising stuff and I struggle to let other people help me then get upset if it's not done my way or if people take shortcuts!!!!

Dec 10, 2016 11:44 PM

I am the same... Not because of OCD but because I know if it goes wrong the blame will fall on my shoulders. Lol.

Dec 11, 2016 8:16 AM

Mimikay, I am used to being blamed for everything that goes wrong... LOL!!! Sometimes I come downstairs and my Father will say, "it's your fault" and I just say "I know, whatever it is, I did it. It's all my fault for everything that goes wrong even if I'm not in the room.. LOL!!πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚. Hang in there, take care of YOU and get yourself better. {{{Hugs}}}πŸ’•πŸ˜Š

Dec 11, 2016 9:05 AM

Same here Alwayz. Lol. Last year a dear friend joined me and Gail on a camping trip. Everything that went wrong I would just tell them to blame me. It became a running joke between us. But seriously - my dad's an elder at our church so I get volunteered to put together things like this. If it falls apart then Melanie (me) is the one to blame. Its why I have told them that after Christmas I am officially retiring from doing their bidding. I don't think they believed me though. When it's no longer fun it's time to step away. So I need to write out instructions on how I did each thing then give it to the elders so they can decide who takes over. I doubt they realize how much goes into organizing each event.

Up all night coughing and doing my updrafts for the asthma. Today still coughing so hard my ribs hurt front and back. Have tried the suggestions here and the doctors recommendations. Guess he will get to see me again on Monday.

Dec 11, 2016 1:23 PM

Oh Mimikay I wish I could do or suggest something that would help but I'm all out, if nothing is helping then you need to go back to your Dr 😒
Until then keep warm and keep hydrated. Sending you {{{BIG GENTLE HEALING LOVING HUGS}}} XX

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community