Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Tremors

Jan 11, 2016 11:50 PM

Dose any one else have tremors that make doing daily thing damn near impossible. I talked to my doc about it awhile ago and he just kind of blew me off and said it's just nerves and acted like I was faking it bit it just keeps getting worse. I just dropped my cigarettes in the damn bathtub cuz I shake so bad ( I know I shouldn't smoke but it keeps me from going on a murder spree) I can't even shave my own legs anymore cuz I just cut myself 100 time. It's so embarrassing to ask my fiancรฉ to help me shave. I'm 22 for fuck sake

Jan 12, 2016 12:47 AM

I get tremors all the time in my legs, arms and torso. Muscle relaxers help though. I take lots of Zanaflex to keep it under control.

Jan 12, 2016 12:48 AM

They had me on one for a few months and it did nothing

Jan 12, 2016 12:52 AM

There's several types & only some work on some people so you'd have to keep having your doctor experiment with the type and dosage until you find something that helps. I have to take the highest dosage that you can take in 24hrs every day because medicine rarely works on me. Good luck finding something that works for you! Don't give up on it, you can make it better! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Jan 12, 2016 11:23 AM

Rachel, I developed tremors a year ago. They put me on tizanidine but I came off it in November because it wasn't improving. I'm on nothing now. I noticed a pattern to my tremors a few months ago, and by tracking it my doctor was able to determine I have either familial or essential tremors, if not both. My sister also has them but mine is much more noticeable. My tremors are worse in my right hand versus my left, and it worsens whenever I'm holding on to any object. It makes eating very comical at times. I hope you can find out what's causing yours, and hopefully be able to reduce them. Unfortunately with mine, it is what it is and can't be treated. I've learned to accept it and try to find ways to work around them. They are comical at best and a true nuisance at worst. Hugs!! ๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒผ

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community