Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Unbearable Pain

Jan 18, 2017 11:21 PM

Last night I was in so much pain that it seemed if I had jumped out a window, it might have hurt less. Then in the morning take my new meds just to find out they make me feel like I'm going to throw up. I just wanted an answer and now I can point to fibromyalgia (Not diagnosised but very likely) thanks to a wonderful new doctor. But honestly want it to be something else that way I can say see ya later to this pain. How do you guys deal with it on a daily basis?

Jan 19, 2017 1:03 AM

By grabbing a hold of the better days when we can. By remembering to live life instead of letting the pain take control.
By finding others (like this group) who truly do understand pain. Its great to have others to talk about things no one else wants to hear nor could they understand.
Research...research...research... So we can stay on top of whats been found to help others and then trying different things until we find what works for us specifically.
By making sure we have a medical team that works as a team.
And by realizing it's a journey and it's ok to be angry at times, it's ok to vent and have pity parties and it's also ok to.laugh, to find joy in the little things in life. You may need to alter the dreams you once had, change the goals you once had but that's ok too.. As long as we keep.looking forward and don't drown in the past or the what if's or the I can'ts that life throws us.

((((( gentle hugs ))))))

Oh - and breathe. :)

My mom can't take any narcotics without them making her sick. So when her pain is really bad she will take it along with an antinausea pill to lesson the nausea. That's something you might suggest to your doctor. Sometimes a new medication will cause you to feel sick until you have it built up in your system - so you really won't know for normally a month or more of it is going to help or if the nausea will ease up. I wouldn't go a month though feeling sick. :( I would call and at least see what he would recommend you try...

Jan 19, 2017 12:52 PM

One day, one hour, one minute at a time.. slow and put one foot in front of the other. There are days I can't even do that. They will happen but you have to focus your mind and remember that it will get better (and worse and better).
Something I learned from my psych was that you have to go through the process of accepting your diagnosis, then deal with all of the steps of grief, denial, anger, depression, etc.. when you do that and come to grips with what you're dealing with you learn to be proactive and listen to your body and plan things out. Take brakes when you need to (🙄 I mean breaks.. don't steal anyone's brakes they won't like you for it). Anyway, take some deep breaths, slow down, think and you will figure it out. I know you said you weren't diagnosed but it's likely but it could be other things.
Sending well wishes and know that there is an entire community of wonderful people here to support you and help you when you need it. We also are a bit loony so check out our funny shit.. laughter is the best thing for us all.. (until I wet my pants.. LOL). It will all be ok🤗💕

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community