Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

unexplained

Nov 06, 2015 12:29 AM

Hi all, just very frustrated in this gloomy weather. I think the one cyst (tarlov) that my surgeron could not wrap has decided to refill with spinal fluid. The buttocks are on fire, and I don't want to take the h - morphine since the more I take it the more I think I am becoming allergic to it. It is the last drug for pain I can take. So I guess I ll use my n-said patch and something for the stomach upset it brings on. But I am a stubborn one, and did not help myself with 'real' sitting today instead of 'hip' sitting. I wanted to work on a post for my blog and I hate tablets and laptops so to the real puter I went.

Nov 06, 2015 2:27 PM

Awww Zetarlov, I'm so sorry! I had PT this morning and it set off some sciatic pain to my left foot. Take it easy and rest up. (((Hugs))) & a prayer it will let up soon! 🙏🌼

Nov 06, 2015 11:37 PM

It has become an h - morphine night.

Nov 10, 2015 12:36 AM

Well, its official h - morphine is now a no-no for me. Also , the n-said patch is too. Or so the doc suggested. She doesn't like that when I take it i I have to sit up to ease the tightness in my chest, that is the H - morphine. And the n-said causes bile in my throat. What fun I've had. But she is sending me for my 1 yr mri early.

Nov 10, 2015 6:38 AM

Zetarlov, I'm sorry that's happening to you. When I went to the pain management doctor yesterday they did a new one time test on me that was pretty interesting. They swab the inside of your cheeks and send the swabs (one for each side) to the lab. It tells them your body's genome type which never changes from birth to death. It tells them which medicine isn't working well or which ones would work better or what your body would be sensitive to or allergic to. They give you the hard copy of the test so you have it and can bring it to any doctor so they also can help you as far as any meds they may need to put you on. They do an entire panel (not just pain meds) so that doctors can help the patient more efficiently. It should be interesting to see what my test says, I'll let you know. Maybe you should your doctor about that test, it could get many people if it's accurate. I hope they are able to help you get out of such pain and find something that doesn't do that to you. Sending gentle {{{Hugs}}} and prayers your way. 🌻🙏🏻

Nov 10, 2015 7:55 PM

I'd Do it but those test raise lots of questions about ethic issues. When the insurance questions and demands results of any results they then can predetermine what they will cover. Etc. Most docs won't do test with out the ins co. k nowing.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community