Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Update

Jun 25, 2019 11:11 AM

Hi everyone! We have successfully moved and are almost unpacked! Now we are trying to transfer medical information so that I can get the help I need my pain has definitely gotten worse unfortunately as I am no longer really able to sleep without meds. I need a blood draw at the end of this month to check potassium now that I am on flurdracirtisone. I have been emotionally struggling as my mom keeps telling me to loose weight I have tried asking her to stops but she rolls her eyes at me and says get over it. I have struggled with not being able to due to my mom saying this stuff. I really want a friend to tell me it will all bo okay but I know it wonโ€™t if she continues.

Jun 25, 2019 12:29 PM

Hi Talia you have all of us here in the community bad your friend I will be to . I hope that you feel better soon , also Iโ€™m glad that you are moved in and almost unpacked . Hugs ๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿค—Shore later

Jun 25, 2019 12:29 PM

I meant to say you can be my friend to scratch the bad word oopstype lol hug gently Shoreโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿฆ‹๐ŸŒˆ

Jun 26, 2019 9:06 AM

Hey Talia, I'm glad your move is over and the unpacking is almost complete. Those alone can wear even the healthiest bodies out! I'm sorry your Mom is pressuring you so hard about your weight. But could she be saying it just because she wants you to be as healthy as possible? I hope she isn't doing it just to be mean, but if so you need to learn to ignore her negative comments.

It's hard to lose any weight when we can't be as mobile and active as we want. But as many of us can say, any extra weight on joints in our legs can cause more pain. I've not been able to exercise since my hip injury in November. But because my hubby turned diabetic I decided to eat smaller portions as well as eating less sugar and starchy foods. He went cold-turkey on zero carbs and sugar but I love my chocolate...lol! I eat bite size pieces once a day and have smaller amounts of carbs, and I've lost 12 pounds since December. Sugar is known to cause inflammation (I learned that from others in the community) & carbs like rice and potatoes and bread turns to sugar in the body.

You don't have to make huge drastic changes all at once. And to think of eating changes as a "diet" is not really successful for many people. Small steps are the easiest way to make permanent lifestyle changes. Start with eating smaller portions sizes at 3 meals, and have 2-3 small snacks in between meals & before bed. It took me 2 weeks to stop feeling the hunger pains (I snacked on nuts & carrots, celery or apple slices), but by week 5, I was no longer having them and I couldn't eat nearly as much because my stomach shrunk. Also consider starting the lifestyle change by giving up one unhealthy food at a time. You can substitute sweet potatoes for white potatoes, or brown (or black) rice for white rice, whole grain bread for white bread (my hubby's doc told him wheat with no added sugar bread). One day and one step at a time is key. But the most important thing is you must make changes when & if you want to, not because others say you need to. Sending hugs love & prayers you can rest up from unpacking very soon, and get your medical transfers done quickly! ๐Ÿ™‚โค๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒผ

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community