Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Update!!

Jul 11, 2019 1:34 PM

So the house is unpacked my pain has spiked and isn’t getting better because of the move we are trying to figure out which doctors are our main priority. My mom and I believe the doctors need to look closer because we both feel they misdiagnosed me. I am very frustrated because I’m home alone and it hurts so much to move. I’m currently at an 8. My mom and I slept in the Guest bedroom last night because she wanted to keep an eye on me. My pain has moved to my joints which is very unusual for me, in the past nine years of dealing with chronic pain I have never had such severe joint pain. I need/ want to go to the hospital because they can give me stronger pain meds but I cannot drive myself and my parents are at work.

Jul 12, 2019 8:08 AM

Talia, I'm so sorry you are having so much pain. Are you able to relax in a warm bath (Epsom salt helps) or a shower? Are you able to gently stretch the joints that are hurting? I just spent nearly 3 weeks in a fibro & Sjogrens flare up, with new hand & finger joint pains. It's calmed way down but even now my left hand & fingers have lingering joint pain. I'm finding some relief by slow gentle stretches, every 15-30 minutes apart, so that the joints don't get stiff and more painful. I am also wearing some compression Crafters gloves (Amazon) that helps. They make knee and ankle joint compression styles too but I haven't needed those yet. Another thing I have a problem with is temperature fluctuations in my joints; cold makes me hurt worse, and the gloves help keep my joints from getting cold. I've also used fleece throws or heating pads. My hubby laughs when I'm dressed in tank top and shorts, but wrap my legs and elbows-hands in blankets. πŸ˜‰ He understands why but still finds it funny, and it really is. Where he sleeps under a sheet, if that, I'm under 1-2 blankets in 70's degree weather at night. My Sjogrens causes my temperature sensitivity, and if I get cold my pain escalates. The doc's also think I may have Raynaud's because of the changes in my fingers & toes with temperatures. Thank goodness I don't live in the North! Sending hugs love & prayers you can gain some control over your pain today!πŸ™‚β€πŸ™πŸŒΌ

Jul 12, 2019 8:24 AM

I have stretched and done baths unfortunately no change. I do have compression socks but they make my complex regional pain syndrome flare πŸ˜ͺ

Jul 12, 2019 8:36 AM

Oh no! Are they too tight maybe? I can't wear the knee highs, in regular or compression knee highs & sometimes ankle socks cause problems. I've had to buy a larger size & actually find diabetic socks more comfortable, and I don't have a dx of CRPS.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community