Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Very thankful to be alive

Dec 04, 2017 5:56 AM

This morning around 5am I was in bed trying to get back to sleep after my daughter had another bought of sickness, that my smoke detectors started to go off I come running out of my bedroom and the house is full of smoke! I run into the kitchen with my husband and the stove top is engulfed in flames, hubby grabs the fire extinguisher and puts it out while I got the kids out of the house, Thank God we had a working smoke detectors and fire extinguisher, or things could have been much worse, we aired out the house some before coming back in, because it's much to cold outside! I am one very Thankful person right now!

Dec 04, 2017 7:15 AM

I a glad everything turned out. Hopefully there was not to much damage.
Take care

Dec 04, 2017 11:14 AM

Glad everything worked out and you are all safe

Dec 04, 2017 1:46 PM

Wow! Praise God...that can keep the adrenaline going...do you know what caused it?
Glad everyone is alright...Gentle hugs

Dec 04, 2017 9:30 PM

The adrenaline has run out and I'm flat out exhausted from all the cleaning today that is still no where finished... You wouldn't believe how fast and far the fire extinguisher stuff flies in the house lol! My poor house! But it's better than no house! As far as how it started, I'm not sure. We have not used the stove and have unplugged it until further have it inspected.

Dec 05, 2017 11:04 PM

Glad your family is ok. That’s a perfect example of why it’s important to have and maintain smoke/fire/ carbon monoxide detectors.

Dec 09, 2017 9:00 PM

Yes, and working fire extinguisher's. We are getting a replacement for the one we used. This year has not been kind to us but we just very thankful to be alive.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community