Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Weather?

Jul 31, 2017 9:17 AM

Went downtown to the cigar bar with my husband Saturday night. Sat outside. The weather wasn't as humid as it had been in recent days but was totally exhausted and hurting Sunday. Has anyone else experienced that?

Jul 31, 2017 10:04 AM

Whenever it's hot here (witch isn't very often) I feel so ill even if it's not really hot it can take it out of me and make my pain bad.

Jul 31, 2017 10:04 AM

Yes I have a few times . In my opion I think the sudden change of weather takes a play in how how bodies reacts . 🤔🤔

Jul 31, 2017 10:55 AM

Oh yes! Hot & humid will get me. Not as bad as the cold, that hurts, not just drains me.

Jul 31, 2017 11:17 AM

It's humid and now I'm fixing to be in the middle of a tropical storm Emily! I should know if I'm going to be in Florida in the summer I should expect to be in the middle of one.

Jul 31, 2017 1:25 PM

I hurt worse this summer than I ever have. We had a really rainy July. I don't know if it has to do with the weather or not. I'm in A/C most of the time.

Jul 31, 2017 2:31 PM

I'm in oregon . It hasn't rain here in 2 or 3 months now . You can send some my way 🤗🤗 every summer we get forest fires . 😐😐

Jul 31, 2017 2:41 PM

@WesternGirl Ha what a difference it hasn't stopped raining here 😂

Aug 01, 2017 6:25 AM

Weather TOTALLY effects whether I have a functional day or lay in bed in pain day. Also my hubby gets migraines with pressure pain between us one or the other we can sychronize my pain starting means he will get migraine a few hours later. It never fails ! And it's humid here ugh!!!

Aug 02, 2017 9:31 PM

Well I wish you well in all your respective regions of the world. Hot ok humid not.

Aug 02, 2017 9:55 PM

Pressure changes knock me flat. I've been researching the best places to live with my conditions....the good news is there are places that are better for people like me. The bad news is they're ALL in the heart of the desert. I'm not a big fan of sand and cacti and sagebrush. I spent summers in New Mexico as a kid, and while I can appreciate the beauty - no amount of appreciation can change the fact that my worst allergies are dust and sage. So now I'm trying to convince my family that we need to live on a tropical island. No luck so far...

Aug 02, 2017 9:58 PM

Even harder for me I'm Canadian and isn't there also scorpions and spiders? LOL

Aug 02, 2017 10:33 PM

Humidity bad, rain bad, snow cold the worst.

Aug 03, 2017 12:08 AM

Oh my goodness! You wouldn't believe the size of some of the spiders, scorpions and roaches! But it's really the rattlesnakes that you have to watch out for!

Aug 03, 2017 4:22 AM

YIKES RATTLESNAKES

Aug 03, 2017 4:22 AM

Yes humidity any season bad

Aug 03, 2017 6:14 AM

Even windy days bother me.

Aug 04, 2017 2:19 AM

Oh windy days I put headphones or a toque

Aug 04, 2017 6:25 AM

We watch the weather and when there are bands of pressure either way, incoming or outgoing weather, it seems that presure band is what makes us hurt more. So it's kind of like looking at the weather map and it's moving lines and saying, "looks like heavy pain coming in from the east for the next three days, but then there will be a lul for 2 days of relief. Until this wide presure zone from the south pushes in just in time to ruin your weekend."

Aug 04, 2017 6:31 AM

i do the same thing. I check the weather and the barometric pressure every day to see how I might feel. 👍

Aug 04, 2017 6:52 AM

Is it worse when the barometric pressure is high or low or is it just a matter of it changing?

Aug 04, 2017 6:53 AM

Right now ours is 30.13.

Aug 04, 2017 6:53 AM

The change. When the band's on the map are closer together, I know I'm in for it.

Aug 04, 2017 7:00 AM

I usually check it in the morning but forget to check it later on. Thank you all for your comments. We're all kind of at the mercy of the weather huh?

Aug 04, 2017 7:05 AM

I woke up this morning and my spine didn't do that thing that sounds like you're twisting a potato chips bag, so I know that the weather let up last night. Lol, silly thing is I know that means I'll overwork today and regret it tonight. ....but for some time today, I can be a real person and get....something done!!!
Not sure if I'll be able to lift a finger tomorrow, but I'm going to enjoy my day. 😀😀😀

Aug 04, 2017 7:11 AM

I hear ya on the overwork thing! There's always so much to be done and we wait and wait cuz we don't feel good. Then we have a good day and BLAST it all out. The next day.....ugghhhh!

Aug 04, 2017 7:20 AM

My biggest wish is to have a cleaning lady but I don't think that's going to happen. 😕

Aug 04, 2017 7:27 AM

I would so love it if I had someone to help me. I had a home health aide for about a year. (Different ones but for a year). But that was for help because of diabetes. My doc stopped going along with it. With Medicare you have to have an ongoing sickness. Fibro doesn't count.

Aug 04, 2017 8:06 AM

That is sooooo ridiculous that fibro doesn't count. That makes me angry!!! What does Medicare think fibro is? A one day illness??? Grrrrrr!😡

Aug 05, 2017 3:52 AM

I plan my Life by the pressure and humidity

Aug 05, 2017 8:57 AM

I feel like I hurt more the day before it rains. Any one else feel that way??!

Aug 05, 2017 9:25 AM

Yes that's when the pressure is low

Aug 05, 2017 9:32 AM

Animal I noticed on your profile you take tramadol. How many milligrams do you take and how often?

Aug 05, 2017 12:12 PM

Yeah about 24 hours before I feel rain coming. Also I will start yawning right before rain will actually start falling like within a half hour. I made a betting game with my family about when it's going to rain. Hey I gotta amuse myself if I'm laying around.

Aug 05, 2017 12:37 PM

Hahahaha! That's hilarious rainpain. Ya gotta laugh that's for sure!👍

Aug 05, 2017 12:53 PM

I am 42. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. That's partly why I started this pain community. I figured I whined and moaned enough to my family and friends. Oh sure they try to be sympathetic and all. But here I'm finding people that relate. Now I need a menopause group to deal with crazy psycho chick I never knew I had in me.

Aug 08, 2017 5:18 AM

Wooooot! Let it rain! It started raining about 30 min ago and I swear I don't have as much hip and knee pain.

Aug 08, 2017 9:13 AM

Check out the barometric pressure, that seems to be what affects me the most. Damp weather doesn't help either, but I almost always see pain changes when the barometric pressure changes.

Aug 08, 2017 9:40 AM

elentra that happens to me too. When it finally starts to rain the pain lessens!

Aug 08, 2017 11:04 AM

Mee to I have a pressure app on my phone. My friends said I missed my calling in meteorology. PS there is going to be an awesome solar eclipse on Aug 21

Aug 08, 2017 2:01 PM

Pressure or humidity? I just know there is a change of weather coming. Your right frustrated I too have less pain once it rains a while. Less humidity? I just know my body can feel a change of weather like I'm a darn antennae! 😂

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community