Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

What influences your pain?

May 02, 2014 8:37 AM

What reduces your pain? And what makes your pain worse?

Tell us about your experiences and learn from the community.

May 02, 2014 5:10 PM

Heat is a big pain inducer for me. Stress and over doing it would be next of the top 3.

To ease pain I do my best to relax. Do relaxing yoga or knit. If all else fails magnesium flake foot bath and Tylenol. I am very sensitive to meds so as of right now I only take Tylenol.

May 02, 2014 10:18 PM

Stress, barometric pressure, walking, reaching, kneeling, washing and folding clothes, washing dishes, reaching for objects, bathing clients, putting away groceries, vacuuming, most everything I do my eyes are expecially bad causing me migrains

May 03, 2014 8:55 AM

My biggest pain trigger is working at the computer followed by sitting for a longer period of time.

I tried a lot of different therapies. What helped me most was physical therapy and working out on a regular basis. Which means 3 times a week and at least one hour per workout. However, I had to start very slowly and slowly increase the frequency and duration over the course of half a year. The days after each workout I had more pain than before but my therapist kept me going. After a few weeks I felt that my overall pain level had decreased. I am not pain free today, but I am feeling much better. However, if I take a break from working out, pain increases again. I guess I just have to keep working out for the rest of my life ;-) I almost forgot: Relaxing every day also helps me a lot.

May 03, 2014 7:37 PM

Physical effort causes me a great deal of pain - things like lifting, housework, yard work, shopping for groceries, etc. Sitting still for too long also causes me pain. And then there is stress - that really sets things off for days. There are days when I feel great and then overdo it & then pay for it usually a day or two later. It drives me crazy because I want to be the person I used to be, but reality keeps hitting me in the face. Gentle aerobic activity in warm water is really the only thing that keeps things fairly even for me.

May 07, 2014 9:13 PM

I feel like I am being crushed. my pain is very hard in my low back, hips, tailbone, down both legs, both feet and my neck. sitting is horrible for it, pushing, pulling, bending, riding in a car, everything causes it to get even worse. for the last month I have been unable to obtain any relief, even with my pain meds. I am to the point that I just can't take it anymore. hoping that when I see my pain doctor tomorrow he will do something to help me! I have to stay in bed way too often just to not want to kill myself to stop the amount of pain I am in!

May 07, 2014 10:15 PM

I try to do yoga and yoga breathing when I can not stop what I am doing . I walk 2 miles a day no matter the weather, I push through the pain always or I would never go anywhere. If I do not exersize I get worse. My joints and spine from my back to my skull are constsntly hurting from arthritis, bursitis or nerve damage. Inwork p.t. that is all I can do.

May 08, 2014 7:35 PM

I have fibromyalgia and have pain everywhere, a dull achy pain. Lately I have had severe pain in my upper feet, thighs and lower back. I do yoga three days a week which helps to keep me from getting stiff. I am tired of being in pain all of the time. narcotics medications do not work.

May 09, 2014 9:56 AM

Hey everyone, thank you for your contributions so far. It seems that for most people stress increases and relaxation decreases the pain.
So one big question would be, how stress can be avoided best? How are you doing it? Has anyone ever tried to work strictly according to a schedule? For example, planning the tasks which need to be done each week, including time to relax.

May 09, 2014 9:56 AM

@lbunnies32 – How did your doctor’s appointment go? I hope very much you are feeling better or will very soon! Hang in there!

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community