Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

What influences your pain?

May 23, 2014 4:59 AM

What reduces your pain? And what makes your pain worse?


Tell us about your experiences and learn from the community.

May 24, 2014 7:53 PM

I feel better when I wake up. After 30 minutes of getting myself and children ready for the day it goes from 2-8 in a minute. Standing must create pressure on pain nerves, but I have no scientific evidence for my theory.

May 24, 2014 10:40 PM

The influences of my pain are much or little sleep I get or don't get per night, also an off-shoot is how much physical activity I do in the Phoenix, AZ heat.

May 29, 2014 1:44 AM

my pain is worse when I lay down. I am usually up 2-4 times a night. if I am able to get up in the morning I can usually manage my pain. It is 2am now and have taken 2 percocets a 1 Valium. I am also icing my back down now. I am hoping to fall asleep, so I can drive to doctor in the morning.

May 30, 2014 4:26 AM

Moderate exercise is enough to compel pain. Rest and lie down on a hard surface helps

May 30, 2014 9:34 AM

My lack of sleep due to pain insomnia. I was referred by PCP to find a psychologist. So I started to see them an was prescribed SEROQUEL XR to aid my sleep issue and depression. So far it's working to help me sleep and help my mood a bit. I was staying up for two days then crash. Still have pain 6 to 8 on pain scale. my area of pain and weakness is the lower lumbar area plus Left leg to foot.

Jun 01, 2014 2:29 PM

Unfortunately I have pain when im at sleep or when I wake. The pain never ceases. My pain scale never goes less than 7 which is rubbish. Have tried physiotherapy, hydrotherapy, steroid injections, tens multiple pain meds. Basically I need a new knee.

Jun 07, 2014 6:32 PM

been there done that mine hardly any sleep pain scale goes of the scale injection rheamatiod arthr is fibro and foot operations gone wrong

Jun 08, 2014 4:59 PM

I'm at a point to consider a operation. the thing is would a operation help or make it worse or stay the same. I had one neurosurgeon say. He would not operate due to the ostiophite cluster at S-1, L-5 & 4. best example they gave me " your lumbar is like a Jenga puzzle. they said I will find it hard to find a surgeon to work on my back. I'm so confused now, stay the same or roll the dice and get surgery. can anyone post the pros and con's of lumbar surgery? Thanks.

Jun 10, 2014 8:42 AM

Hello train4safety, may I suggest that you open a new topic with your question? It will be easier for people to spot it and probably increase the chance for a vivid discussion.

Jun 11, 2014 9:20 AM

prolonged stress and rain is an instant trigger for pain.

Jun 22, 2014 6:03 AM

everything and nothing. my hip sucks and whatever the hell it feels like, and only 40% of the time there's a logical reason (eg too much activity, cold, etc). the other 60% it's got a mind of its own :S

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community