Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Whiplash

Oct 09, 2015 3:13 AM

Any sufferers on here? Contemplating quitting work for a while due to an injury but ongoing injuries every day through work. Not on painkillers except on really bad days. But it is a constant background pain.

Oct 09, 2015 7:48 AM

I was just in to see my doc for it . She gave me sscript that put me to sleep in 30 minutes, lol. But that is all it does. The thing tthat has helped most is a blend of essential oils my niece made me. It has franken.,lemon grass and several others in it. She ok the stinky stuff in a roller bottle for me. The doctor said to keep using it and she aproved the ingredients with the muscle relaxer she gave me.

Oct 09, 2015 9:39 AM

Okay, that sounds interesting. What helps me is my husband giving me a back rub in the evenings. I drive all day and wish I didn't. Going to the gym helps but I hardly ever get the chance. What is muscle relaxer, how does it work?

Oct 09, 2015 12:52 PM

approvedP, I've suffered whiplash in my past. It took 2 months of chiropractic care to get over it. I hope you feel better soon! 🙏🌼

Oct 09, 2015 10:41 PM

The doc wrote the scrip for Tizanidine 4 mg take up to 3 times a day. She was very detailed. I took 1 whole one for the first day. She said i could not drive during the first 2 days. It puts you to sleep in 30 minutes , then take half for day 2 through 5. But I have to take them each 8 hous even if someone has to wake me. Now that I have taken them for 24 hours I feel less spasms, and can bend my neck back a little. But remember I am still using the e oils.

Oct 10, 2015 12:52 AM

Tizanidine is a wicked muscle relaxant. I take 4mg 4x a day as needed but normally don't take them until evening so I can sleep. That part hasn't been working though. I remember one time I was taking my meds and thought I had two different pills and they were both the muscle relaxant. One was oval and the other round. I was so gone, I fell asleep standing up and then fell down. It was majorly nuts!! Be careful with them. I've taken virtually every opioid known to man and never had that reaction to ANY of them.

Oct 10, 2015 9:11 AM

My doc told me Tizanidine is used for MS patients, and because of my tremors he put me on it. I take 4mg the times a day and it doesn't make me sleepy. But I've been on it since March. I hope it helps you a lot approvedp. 🙏🌼

Oct 11, 2015 10:21 PM

Update on me is Monday will be my 5 days, and between the half pill and stinky oil I am doing "good ".

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community