Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Why?

Jun 20, 2015 4:13 AM

I'm sobbing right now, having a flare. My family just had to call 911 because my sisters boy friend has attempted suicide. I think every one else is taking the news better than me. I feel really sad and angry. I think he had chronic pain, and also his parents disprove of my sis cause she's atheist and they're very religious. As in, homeschooling and partial isolation most of his life.
I think we might be too late but I don't know. I just feel so sad. I really hope people get there in time. He seemed like a cool person, and note I'm going numb in my legs. Ugh. I hope he's okay.
This really sucks...

Jun 20, 2015 11:57 AM

Ferretbandit, in sorry to hear of this tragedy. Hang in there and know that God is good and only he can help this young man at the moment. We all know how chronic pain can drain on us and we feel like it's hard to push through. I've been there myself. It's not a good place to be. I'm sending you hugs and try to breathe and relax your body. I'm right by your side and you can lean on my shoulder if you need. The young man will be in my prayers. I hope he pulls through and gets the help he needs.💕🙏🏻🌺

Jun 20, 2015 2:10 PM

Ferretbandit, I'm very sorry for your family and the boyfriend's family. I will pray it's not too late. It's hard dealing with any tragedy at any age, but adults have experience that you don't. Talk with your dad and let him help you through this. Try to calm down and breathe normally. If you're solving you're likely breathing abnormally, getting less oxygen, and the numb legs. Like Always, if I could if hold you and let you cry on my shoulders. (((Hugs))) & prayers! 🙏🌼

Jun 20, 2015 2:55 PM

Ferretbandit I am so sorry that you are facing a possible tragedy in your family and his. Like Alwayz said try had do your breathing exercises to help you relax so your legs will get much needed oxogen. Keep your faith strong about you and that will help also. Sometimes parents can be overbearing in trying to protect the it children front outside enflouences but we can't do that always. I pray that this young man makes it and that it wakes your sister up and she relies that there is a God, and he loves each and every one of us. He loves us so much that he sent his only son to die for our sins on the cross. Then he arose from the grave.

Jun 20, 2015 7:40 PM

I'm so sorry ferritbandit. I know what it is like to have someone attempt suicide. 2 of my friends have attempted suicide multiple times and I have as well, I know how difficult it is for family members but you are strong and I'm sure you can make it through

Jun 20, 2015 7:40 PM

I'm so sorry ferritbandit. I know what it is like to have someone attempt suicide. 2 of my friends have attempted suicide multiple times and I have as well, I know how difficult it is for family members but you are strong and I'm sure you can make it through

Jun 20, 2015 11:01 PM

Today I found out that he's alive, and that people arrived in time to help. I'll try to remember the breathing but usually by the time I'm crying there's no chance of me getting back to normal until I stop crying.
He's questioning his faith which is hard on him, at least with guilt and family issues and depression. He was finally seeming happy, but it's supposed to move. My sis and I hope to talk to him and his family because if there isn't a better solution soon, he'll probably try again.
I don't know what the future will hold, and I want to talk to him but his parents are being even more strict (which I sort of understand) but it's all so complicated. ... .I guess that's just life.
Also, he's 13 and I guess an old girlfriend commuted suicide and blamed him, sounds pretty warped I just hope my sis can talk to him in person.

Jun 21, 2015 12:04 AM

Ferritbandit, I am so sorry your family and sister's boyfriends family is going thru so much. I have dealt with my brother trying to kill himself in front of me when I was 15 and it was hard. But I held onto my faith and prayed for my brother every night that he would get the help he needs. ( PS his attempt was over a girl as well ) I will keep both sides of the families in my prayer's. In the last l 24 hours I had to keep this saying in my mind and it goes like this " If he pulls you to it he will pull you through it!" God Bless hunny and I pray for the best outcome for your sister and her boyfriend and his family won't be judgemental, because that's not what Christians are about.

Jun 21, 2015 1:16 AM

The hard thing is that with him is also about isolation, and moving to another state.
Thank you all for your advice and prayers.

Jun 21, 2015 12:46 PM

I'm very glad the young man didn't succeed. There a lot of issues he, his family, your sister, and your family will need to work through, and its going to take time. Ferretbandit, I respect you and your family's choice to be atheists. And you've been very respectful of us Christians who are praying for you and everyone else to get through this. That represents brotherly love, love in spite of differences.

I want to tell you a story about my family. Our daughter who was raised in a Christian family married an atheist. It broke out hearts, simply because it's very hard to make a marriage work when from totally opposite beliefs. They've had a difficult time, but they've made it to ten years so far. My hubby was very closed off to our son in-law, and I was to some degree at first. But reading my Bible and through prayer I began to see that being negative to him was "not what Jesus would do." God says love all. He also says if a Christian woman marries a non believer she should not divorce him, because her actions will show her husband who God is in her life. Christians are human and don't always remember to act through love, the kind of love God wants us to display. But because we proclaim Jesus as our Savior, God expects us to always display actions that reflect Him and His love for everyone. But even I have forgotten that from time to time.

Telling you this, I wonder if your sisters boyfriend's family has thought about their relationship as to how would Jesus act? Be patient with this young man's family, and give them time to get over the shock of nearly losing their son. In hurt and anger they likely want to blame your sister or anyone except their son. But in truth he is the only one responsible for his actions. Getting to the root cause of why he felt so desperate is going to take professional counseling, and it may take months or longer. I will continue to pray for both families, just as I ask God to be gracious and merciful to everyone everywhere. 🙏🌼

Jun 25, 2015 12:47 PM

Ferrit, I can be more detailed and I'd even be willing to talk to him if you'd like to PM/DM me. I think it would be a good idea too because I've been there and my friends have been there so I understand from your and his perspective. I also know how tough it is on you and I can support you through it.

I'm here for you an anyone that needs me
Gentle Hugs
Reece

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community