Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Why?

Mar 01, 2018 2:50 PM

Sorry just a tiny rant now since being told i have fibromyalgia my doctor and friends and family have been making me feel like im not in that much pain because i refuse to go on a hand full of pills every day why am i the bad person the doctor believes i must not need the help if im not willing to get doped up on pills every day why is that the only way and why is my pain any less just because i dont want to do that there has to be a better way rather than popping pills everyday i know the natural way is harder but id rather go the hard road than be on pills that in the long-term will cause you more damage than good but why am i always made to feel like im doing the wrong thing 😭😭 so sorry for the rant but its really getting to me and i had to get it out somewhere hope you all have a great day keep fighting the pain amazing ppl ❤💪🤕

Mar 01, 2018 3:04 PM

I am in the same boat!!! I have recently diagnosed and I honestly hate taking medication of any type I’ve had to be on a antidepressant because my anxiety and depression was so bad plus I have Vasovagal which is nothing but fainting problems but this class of antidepressants seems to help it but I hate the thought of going on something for it and I haven’t even really told most of my family because I feel like they’re gonna think I’m crazy and just attention seeking and my doctors aren’t really willing to suggest anything but pills and I’m tired of the one pill I’m on because I feel like I shouldn’t need it but I sure as heck don’t want another to take

Mar 01, 2018 3:10 PM

My family are selfish and think its in my head even after proof form the doctor they still dont believe im in pain i refuse to take anything ill take a panadol when i really have to but i wont go on pills for the rest of my life there just has to be a better healthier way than popping pills

Mar 01, 2018 3:19 PM

I completely agree!! I’ve heard taking magnesium, selenium, & D3 and turmeric is good for pain but I’ve been taking them for a little while but it doesn’t make it disappear. Something that seems to help me a lot on reallllly bad days the only that that’ll give me any relief is epson salt in a warm bath. It melts all the aches and pains for at least a little while when I’m soaking. Doing that has been my saving grace a few times

Mar 01, 2018 3:27 PM

Same thats what i do the Epsom salt baths are amazing and a little tip if your interested i get the lemon sugar body scrub from royal essence and mix a hand full of that in with it the smell is absolutely devine makes my skin feel amazing and the scent and natural oils are so relaxing my wonderful and amazingly supportive partner runs me a relaxing candel lit bath ever other night and it helps so so much im not sure where your from or if you can get royal essence there as its an Australian company but they have been my saving grace for sure so might be worth the Google sweets every little bit helps 💪👌❤

Mar 01, 2018 5:26 PM

oh heck yes I’m definitely going to have to look it up and order som

Mar 01, 2018 5:46 PM

It is amazing plus you get a free amazing ring with every one there devine and helps relax your mind so your body can relax properly

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community