Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Work

Oct 27, 2016 9:07 AM

I have come to the conclusion that my job is causing my depression which is causing all the aches and pain. They make me feel inadequate because I can t pick up my pace. We are on a timer and the big bosses are very competitive, so they get on the supervisors to push push push. And I can't move because my legs and knees hurt. Or it could be the other way. The pain is causing my depression. All in all I am due to see my GP today to grant me time off that I am titled to. 17 weeks sickness. Not just a few weeks or a month. Wish me luck😀

Oct 27, 2016 12:45 PM

Good luck. If I had to guess I would say the depression could be from both. Anytime you live with Chronic Pain you will have bouts of depression. But a bad work relationship or environment can certainly cause your pain to be worse and could cause depression. How are you on your days off? Does the depression ease up? Either way - time off will give you a chance to address the depression and pain... And give you time to find the right combination of meds and or supplements to help you with both. Best of luck.

Oct 27, 2016 8:39 PM

MoBanc, haven't seen you around for a while. The whole thing is a viscious cycle. You hurt and get exhausted and feel depressed and then the depression causes the pain to get worse and so on.
I hope while you are on your short term disability that you sort it out abd get some help from the doctors making life easier on you. Make sure to check in with us and let us know how you are doing. Sending well wishes, gentle {{{Hugs}}} and positive vibes your way🤗

Oct 28, 2016 6:34 AM

Thanx for the support. Of course my GP only granted me a month, he really frustrated me yesturday. Trying me on cymbalta for awhile. I think he thought I was taking advantage of the insurance system. He was a little shocked when I said I don t have any kind of disability insurance. Relying on government sickness plan. He said" they just don t give it you just like that. I almost had argument with him, but held my tongue. I have been trying to tell him for months I was having a flare up. And now he just comes to that conclusion. Wow. He doesn't t like it when a patient tells him what wrong with them. Lol, gets very offensive cause he knows I am right.

Oct 28, 2016 9:35 AM

I hate when doctors are that way. Your doctors should be part of your team where all of you work together. There is no way every doctor could keep up with all the new things coming out. I would think they would appreciate patients who advocate for the best care they can get instead of working against them.

Oct 28, 2016 12:55 PM

MoBanc, I hope you can get some much needed rest to destress while you are off work. Is it possible to consider a different type of job or work elsewhere? It might give you a lot of peace changing jobs. Working in a hostile environment isn't easy even when you are healthy, but it's extremely hard when struggling with sickness. Hugs love and prayers your time of will be very beneficial & restorative! 🙂💕🙏🌸

Oct 28, 2016 5:46 PM

Thanks flappylady81. Something to think about.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community