Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

working with fms

Sep 22, 2015 11:47 AM

Who all holds a full time job? I have to to support my family. I'm a machinist and it's killing me.

Sep 22, 2015 12:37 PM

Well I was working full time last year doing a job I loved but I had to quit because it was killing my back more and more. I was a shelf stalker working nights. But I am working full time at home taking care of my aunt and a special needs child on top of my other 2 kids. That alone is full time work. I am working on getting my business license to open a photography business.

Sep 22, 2015 12:43 PM

Been on disability currently back to work went from clinical medicine to college teaching. Easier on me but Still miss work and am not at 100 percent ever. Little to know social life. Have downsizeD and simplified. Do not bake or cook or sew as once did.

Sep 22, 2015 2:23 PM

I was part time but job i do wow i went to work & when home could not do a thing exept bed!!! Since knee op in july my back has got worse have buldging disc, & have hip burstitis from over use a whole year before op & since then had exray & osti starting for my brain work was good but for my body nooooooooo i think soon they will sack me as i cant go back now until ive seen surgeon again as 1st op keyhole & as im grade 5 looks like new knee if only done in 1st place! But im listning to my body & pysio lady etc i had no quality of life still dont really but i couldnt go back now i dont think plus doubt id be insured !! Poor you its not easy is it but u must do what is right for you sending hugs x

Sep 22, 2015 9:19 PM

I work full time rotating shift work with built in overtime. It's kicking my ass. But i can't afford to not work

Sep 23, 2015 1:38 AM

I haven't been working for 6 years and iam on social security. I want to work but my pain hurts and my blood pressure. I'm tired of staying home but there is no lifting for me. I miss the workforce and every time I say I want to go to work my whole body starts to hurt. And sharp pains. And lately I have been getting headaches.

Sep 23, 2015 6:55 AM

Full time rural mail carrier and missing a lot but still at it. Pain is getting worse some days by the time im done in office to start on street I just sit in truck and cry before I even start delivering. Hard to hold mail very hard to get out for delivering packages. I just want some relief at end of day since can't do much management and work. Haven't found anything going to new doctor today hang in there I know we have to work to live in this world but it's hard

Sep 24, 2015 1:51 AM

I have been diagnosed since 87 but symptomatic since childhood. I worked full time up until 4 years ago. The older I get the harder it is to manage. I had a lot of sick leaves and absenteeism due to headaches, fatigue, pain etc.... It was getting more and more difficult to consentrate. My sleep habbits are poor and constantly fatigued. In talking to my doctor it was decided to apply for long term disability. I have been waiting 2.5 years. I had a hearing in June and I am still waiting for the. Judge's decision.

Sep 27, 2015 1:22 PM

I am new. Just joined last night. I work part time and my work isn't very hard on my body but is stressful. I have many other conditions o. Top of fibromyalgia. I am finding that I need to call off more often now.how do I handle this fact with management?

Sep 27, 2015 1:27 PM

Dbhug21. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I am thinking for asking my doctor about disability.I am 39 but find being mobile is getting harder. I don't know what to do.

Sep 27, 2015 2:16 PM

I am a full time housekeeper. Very busy work. I just put one foot in front of the other and do . But I come home and crash.

Sep 28, 2015 1:47 PM

I work full time, but the flare ups will keep me confined to bed I do have FMLA to protect my job.... Its very hard to force yourself to get up but the bills wont stop so i have to keep going. ....

Sep 28, 2015 6:53 PM

I had to give up my passion for teaching due to FM, migraines, chronic fatigue, depression, and anxiety. I am now a lonely housewife and taking care of a 2 year old.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community